Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 08: What are 3 passions I have?

I don't even know. I have hobbies, I have things I like to do, I have things I do often... but I honestly don't know if they are passions or not.

I love singing, and most people know me for singing. I have to admit, however, that I have an actual passion for piano. It challenges me in a way singing does not, as the latter comes almost too naturally. I can't really build upon the skill level I have now as a singer, apart from nailing a few difficult runs and maybe increasing my vocal range. There's only so much I can do. With piano, however, I can always study more compositions and techniques, and it's something I actually have to practice.

Another passion is art. I don't know anything about art in the technical or scholarly or disciplined sense, but I do know that I lose myself when I start drawing. Hours can go by, and I wouldn't know. I don't think I am good enough to call myself an artist (at least, not a visual artist), but I can capture a pretty image on paper decently well.

My third passion is perhaps nature. Everything about nature--from its aesthetic values to the symbiosis of everything to greater schools of study like biology, chemistry, physics, and astronomy. My favorite place to be is anywhere near a body of water, and I love living things. Life and living things in general are such radical concepts to me.

1 comment:

  1. STAHP WE'RE SOUL MATES. ALL THOSE ARE MY PASSIONS TOO.

    Oops, caps <3

    ReplyDelete