Monday, May 12, 2014

Plans for the rest of 2014

I plan on...

  • getting my credit card balance down to almost $0 by the end of this year. I have completely max'ed out my limit as of now, at the end of April, after spending moneys upon moneys on graduation gifts, birthday shenanigans, and just treating people to food in general.
  • foregoing my MBA this Fall, due to the sad fact that I still have about $30,000 in student loans as well as a barely-livable salary and an apartment in Fairfax County.
  • leaving my position as an Intern for DHS and getting into a permanent and higher-paying position, whether it be in public or private sector.
  • getting my body fat down to 11% (I have no idea what it is right now but I'm fairly sure it's not below 15%); I don't really want to gain muscle either, so that might just end up becoming 10-15 pounds to lose.
  • going crabbing at least three times a month May through September.
  • buying an actual box/frame for my mattress.
  • finishing at least two pieces of artwork.
  • cutting certain people out of my life--and not pussyfooting around it, either.
  • working harder to keep certain people in my life--and not pussyfooting around it, either.
  • watching all of Orange Is the New Black. I haven't started it yet, but I hear it's a good show.
  • finishing the rest of Community and Weeds. Bonus: get through at least the second and third season of Glee.
  • getting a tattoo of an octopus or starfish on my shoulder or hip.
  • writing the lyrics to and recording my voice for at least three original tracks--one of which I'm going to be rapping on. I know, I've only ever presented myself as a pianist or singer, but I really admire spoken word and rap and want to learn more about it.
  • taking a walk by myself during a big thunderstorm around my neighborhood.
  • making a spontaneous trip to a beach by myself--probably Virginia Beach or Outer Banks or even Ocean City. Who knows? It'll be spontaneous, after all.
  • getting something (less controversial) published on ThoughtCatalog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment